Sunday, April 15, 2012

Postcards of China - Trev and the Collective Unconcious


POSTCARDS OF CHINA


Postcards of China from Trev Teasdel on Vimeo.

Come to my side, let love be our guide
The hills of Guilin, the Eternal spring.
You bring to mind postcards of china
Misty blue peaks, follow me there.

A sampan on the banks of the Lijang
Cross country from Peking to Shenyang
You bring to mind postcards of China
Misty blue peaks, you take me there.

So hungry to explore
The mysteries behind your door
So hungry to explore
The mysteries outside my door
And the girl who reminds me
Of postcards of China.

Lake Dianchi, the mountains of sunrise
Beauties of heaven I see in your eyes.
You make me think of postcards of china
Misty blue peaks, I’ll follow you there.

And I love you through and through
I love you, you know I do
I love you, you know I do
Cause you remind me of
Postcards of China

..........................

1985 Middlesbrough - Music by Steve Gillgallon and Steve Ingledew/Lyrics (not included on the track) by Trev Teasdel

Song story - I left my two musician friends, Steve Gillgallon and Steve Ingledew alone in my house in with my keyboards,synth and portastudio, while i went out for the night. When I came home, i found this track on the portastudio - they had been busy. It sounded oriental to me and I was reading a book on China at the time with some fantastic pictures of the country.I wrote some lyrics for it and called the piece Postcards of China.We never go around to doing another version of it with the vocals but I love it as an instrumental.

No comments:

Post a Comment